Facade Designs Of Houses Produced in Istanbul Fenerbahce Region in Urban Transformation Process
Construction practices in Istanbul have continued to increase in recent years. With the effect of the urban transformation law, the volume of housing supply is growing by each year. In connection with these increases, demand for newly built houses is also increasing. One of the most important and intensively applied areas of urban transformation projects is the Fenerbahçe region. In transforming dwellings, construction firms are known to struggle to derive a new design language, rather than prefering a particular style and style in facade designs, to reveal differences. As a result of this effort, formal compexity is observed in the facade designs of some contemporary houses. Today's construction technology and material options have grown greatly and diversity has increased. This diversity is also reflected in the designs of the residential facades. The façade designs are equipped with elements other than those that can be explained by expressions / meanings of the exterior of the building. In this study, color, texture, form, and emphasis will be evaluated in the context of façade design by examining the visuals of buildings. In Fenerbahçe region, research will be done in 3 highrise residental buildings which are located on the same street. It is aimed to examine the facade designs of the produced houses and to give a critical view in the context of contemporary basic design principles.
Erim, Gonca, (2011). Temel Tasarım Dersinde Öğrencilerin Estetik Duyarlılıklarını ve Yaratıcılıklarını Geliştirme Üzerine Örnek Çalışma. Uludağ Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, 24(2), 487-501.
Gürer, L. (1992). Görsel sanatlar eğitimi ve mekan-form. Ankara, İ.T.Ü Yayınları
Hasol, D. (1988). Ansiklopedik Mimarlık Sözlüğü. YEM Yayınları, İstanbul, pp. 106.
Lang, S. (1965). De Lineamentis, L.B. Alberti’s Use Of A Technical Terms. Journal Of The Warburg And Courtauld Institutes, 28, 331-335.
Le Corbusier (1999). Bir Mimarlığa Doğru (1926). Yapı Kredi Yayınları, İstanbul. pp. 34, Çev: Serpil Merzi.
Savaş, A. (2001). Linea Mentis: Mimarlıkta Cephenin Tanımı. Sanat Tarihinde Terminoloji Sorunları Semineri. Ankara, pp. 23-24.
Seylan Ali, (2005). Temel Tasarım. Samsun. M-Kitap, Dağdelen Basın Yay.Ltd.Şti.
Sönmez, M. (2013). Çağdaş mimarlıkta cephe-yüzey kavramı tartışmaları. NWSA-Social Sciences, 8(2), 79-90.
Tanyeli, U. (1997). Modernizm'in Sınırları ve Mimarlık, Modernizm'in Serüveni. Yapı Kredi Yayınları, İstanbul, pp. 63-71, Ed: Enis Batur.
Türkiye İstatistik Kurumu (2017). Adrese Dayalı Nüfus Kayıt Sistemi. TUİK.
Tuğal, S.A. (2012). Oluşum Süreci İçinde Op Art. Hayalperest Yayınevi, İstanbul, pp. 26.
The copyright for the articles published in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences. By virtue of their appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, articles may be used, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The submission of a manuscript to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences will be taken to mean that the author understands and agrees to the following:
- the manuscript represents original work not previously published;
- the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication in the same language (publication elsewhere in an alternate language does not preclude acceptance of submission to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences);
- appropriate written copyright permissions have been secured for republication of any copyrighted material contained in the manuscript;
- copyright for this article is retained by the author, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences;
- by virtue of its appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, it is understood that the article is freely available for use, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial purposes;
- reuse of the article for commercial purposes by anyone other than the author requires permission of the author;
- the author agrees to cite Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences as a source whenever h/she later republishes or reuses the article in other platforms.