The Accessibility of The Circulation Areas
The solution and arrangement of indoor and nearby circulation areas, the access to the designed spaces by a proper, accurate and rational transportation system constitute a very important criterion of architectural design and the main scheme of planning / editing of the designed spaces. Circulation areas in and around the building within the transportation system to the indoor spaces can be analyzed under seven main headings; building access pathway, doors (gates), stairs and elevators, public toilets, floor coverings, access road floor heights, parking ramps and their access. These areas need to be designed to be accessible, that is to say, to be able to respond to the different needs of users with different characteristics and usable by anyone with disabilities or not, regardless of age and capability.
In this study, it was focused on the importance of the design of the circulation areas in accordance with the accessibility principles mentioned above. It was also mentioned the planning approach to be taken in accordance with the accessibility principles in the design of such areas in general. Consequently, in the architectural designs of present and potential constructions considering the availability of accessibility (especially interior design), the required details and the example architectural details have been explained.
Aydın D., (2009), Hastane Mimarisi, İlkeler ve Ölçütler, Mimarlar Odası Konya Şubesi Yayınları.
Dostoglu N., Şahin E., Taneli Y., (2009), Dosya; “Tasarıma Kapsayıcı Yaklasım: Herkes İçin Tasarım, Evrensel Tasarım: Tanımlar, Hedefler, İlkeler”, Mimarlık 347, Mayıs 2009 .
Engelsiz Tasarım Kılavuzu, (dünya engelliler vakfı)
Evrensel Tasarım: Tanımlar, Hedefler, İlkeler - | Mimarlık Dergisi, www.Mimarlikdergisi.Com/İndex.
Journal of Accessibility and Design for All, Internet: www.designforall.net/design_for_all.htm
Scientific Journal of Accessibility and Design for All, Internet: www.jacces.org/
The seven principles of Universal Design - Design for all, Internet: www.mimarlikdergisi.com/ sayı:347, Mayıs 2009
T.C. Aile Ve Sosyal Politikalar Bakanlığı, (2011) “Yerel Yönetimler Icin Ulasılabilirlik Temel Bilgiler Teknik El Kitabı, T.C. Aile Ve Sosyal Politikalar Bakanlıgı Özürlü ve yaşlı Hizmetleri Genel Müdürlüğü Yayını, Ankara.
TMMOB, (2007), TASARIM VE ÖZGÜRLÜK; ENGELLİ İNSANLAR VE HERKES İÇİN TASARIM,
dosya 04, TMMOB Ankara Subesi Yayını, Bülten; Ocak, 46.
TS 12576: Şehir İçi Yollar- Özürlü ve Yaşlılar İçin Sokak, Cadde, Meydan ve Yollarda Yapısal Önlemlerin Tasarım Kuralları.
TS 9111: Özürlü İnsanların İkamet Edeceği Binaların Düzenlenmesi Kuralları ULAŞILABİLİRLİK KILAVUZU, Mimari Projelerde Engelli ve Yaslılarla Ilgili Olarak Uyulması Gereken Temel Kurallar.
Ulaşılabilirlik Kılavuzu, Internet: http://www.izmimod.org.tr/yasa/engelli.html
The copyright for the articles published in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences. By virtue of their appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, articles may be used, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The submission of a manuscript to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences will be taken to mean that the author understands and agrees to the following:
- the manuscript represents original work not previously published;
- the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication in the same language (publication elsewhere in an alternate language does not preclude acceptance of submission to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences);
- appropriate written copyright permissions have been secured for republication of any copyrighted material contained in the manuscript;
- copyright for this article is retained by the author, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences;
- by virtue of its appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, it is understood that the article is freely available for use, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial purposes;
- reuse of the article for commercial purposes by anyone other than the author requires permission of the author;
- the author agrees to cite Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences as a source whenever h/she later republishes or reuses the article in other platforms.