GENERATING ONE-TIME PASSWORD WITHIN THE SCOPE OF ISO 27001 INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Cyber space is the most important source of information today. User accounts and their related information will be obtained through information gathering activities in cyber space. This information will be the main source for cyber war preparations as it will provide a serious source of intelligence.
To prevent cyber intelligence, it is managed by the ISO / IEC 1 / SC 27 Committee within the ISO (The International Organization for Standardization), which includes the areas of "Information Security, Cyber Security and Protection of Privacy". The basic standard prepared for use all over the world is ISO 27001 Information Security Management System. With regard to user accounts, it can be discussed in depth within the "ANNEX-A 9.2 User Access Management", "ANNEX-A 9.3 User Responsibilities" and "ANNEX-A 9.4 System and Application Access Control" articles of ISO 27001 standard.
For the protection of user accounts, two-factor authentication is used for smart card, sending one-time password via text message, sending one-time password via e-mail message or sending single-use password via mobile application.
The copyright for the articles published in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences. By virtue of their appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, articles may be used, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The submission of a manuscript to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences will be taken to mean that the author understands and agrees to the following:
- the manuscript represents original work not previously published;
- the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication in the same language (publication elsewhere in an alternate language does not preclude acceptance of submission to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences);
- appropriate written copyright permissions have been secured for republication of any copyrighted material contained in the manuscript;
- copyright for this article is retained by the author, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences;
- by virtue of its appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, it is understood that the article is freely available for use, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial purposes;
- reuse of the article for commercial purposes by anyone other than the author requires permission of the author;
- the author agrees to cite Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences as a source whenever h/she later republishes or reuses the article in other platforms.