IMPLEMENTATION OF LAW NO 6306 IN INFORMALLY DEVELOPED SETTLEMENTS: EXAMPLE OF SULTANBEYLİ
In our country, many buildings have been destroyed in recent earthquakes An uncontrolled increase in population density has resulted in illegal construction and unhealthy building stocks. In Sultanbeyli, one of the districts of Istanbul, in the earthquake zone, a large part of the building stock was made illegally. The property structure of the district consists mainly of multi-shareholding Cadastral parcels and 2/B parcels. With this article properties of the cadastral structure and building structure in Sultanbeyli are examined and their effects on risky building practices realized by Law No. 6306 are discussed. The examination shows that irregular cadastral structure and the intensive construction on it negatively affect the building renewal practices on that take place on the parcel scale. This research carried out in the example of Sultanbeyli reveals that alternative transformation approaches should be developed in order to renew the existing housing structure and create qualified living spaces in settlements with similar developlement processes and conditions.
The copyright for the articles published in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences. By virtue of their appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, articles may be used, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The submission of a manuscript to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences will be taken to mean that the author understands and agrees to the following:
- the manuscript represents original work not previously published;
- the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication in the same language (publication elsewhere in an alternate language does not preclude acceptance of submission to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences);
- appropriate written copyright permissions have been secured for republication of any copyrighted material contained in the manuscript;
- copyright for this article is retained by the author, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences;
- by virtue of its appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, it is understood that the article is freely available for use, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial purposes;
- reuse of the article for commercial purposes by anyone other than the author requires permission of the author;
- the author agrees to cite Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences as a source whenever h/she later republishes or reuses the article in other platforms.