MOBILITY OF DISABLED PEOPLE IN THE CITY: ACCESSIBILITY STUDIES IN KADIKÖY AND ÜSKÜDAR DISTRICTS
Individuals with disabilities are physically, socially, economically and culturally disadvantaged.People with disabilities or, in other words, disadvantaged individuals like us who are considered to be advantageous individuals are born human beings and the right of access which is one of the requirements of being an individual in society., they have rights such as the right to travel and the right to access public services.It is inevitable to go to spatial designs if necessary for individuals with disabilities to exercise these rights.These spatial designs have to be based on national and international standards to a minimum extent in order to achieve their purpose.It is the responsibility of the state's citizens to increase the participation of disabled people in social life by making these designs. In this study, historical development of the quantitative values and legal rights living in the world, Turkey and Istanbul Metropolitan Area on the level of disability and accessibility concepts are emphasized.; design principles for the accessibility of disabled people in urban mass transportation system within the scope of the Marmaray line, which is one of Istanbul's prestigious transportation projects Üsküdar –Çekmeköy metro lines also Kadıköy-Kartal Yht (16Y) and Pendik - Üsküdar (16A) and bus lines are handled and arrangements made for the accessibility of disabled people in the public transport system is incomplete, it has been determined whether it conforms to standards.
The copyright for the articles published in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences. By virtue of their appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, articles may be used, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The submission of a manuscript to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences will be taken to mean that the author understands and agrees to the following:
- the manuscript represents original work not previously published;
- the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication in the same language (publication elsewhere in an alternate language does not preclude acceptance of submission to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences);
- appropriate written copyright permissions have been secured for republication of any copyrighted material contained in the manuscript;
- copyright for this article is retained by the author, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences;
- by virtue of its appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, it is understood that the article is freely available for use, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial purposes;
- reuse of the article for commercial purposes by anyone other than the author requires permission of the author;
- the author agrees to cite Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences as a source whenever h/she later republishes or reuses the article in other platforms.