PERFORMANCE COMPARISON OF SPATIAL SEARCH ALGORTIHMS FOR SPECIFIC DATASETS IN SMART CITIES
The concept of smart city has emerged in the digital age. One of the main purposes of smart cities is to provide components that will provide time efficiency. Smart transportation and parking services are included in this concept. The basis of these services is based on real-time spatial search algorithms. We need to use performance spatial search algorithms for real-time spatial searches. Popular spatial search algorithms; k nearest neighbor, rectangle queries, r-tree and kd-tree. In the query made from a point in the spatial plane, the selection of the correct algorithm is important in terms of performance. The purpose of this study; to determine the algorithm that determines the nearest neighbor in a given dataset in the fastest way for the selected center point. The 4 spatial search algorithms written in Python language were compared with the tests and the most suitable algorithm was determined for the data set. The algorithm can be used in the city component model similar to the data set, so efficient time management is provided in the city life where time is valuable.
The copyright for the articles published in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences. By virtue of their appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, articles may be used, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The submission of a manuscript to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences will be taken to mean that the author understands and agrees to the following:
- the manuscript represents original work not previously published;
- the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication in the same language (publication elsewhere in an alternate language does not preclude acceptance of submission to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences);
- appropriate written copyright permissions have been secured for republication of any copyrighted material contained in the manuscript;
- copyright for this article is retained by the author, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences;
- by virtue of its appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, it is understood that the article is freely available for use, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial purposes;
- reuse of the article for commercial purposes by anyone other than the author requires permission of the author;
- the author agrees to cite Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences as a source whenever h/she later republishes or reuses the article in other platforms.