SUPPLIER EVALUATION AND SELECTION FOR A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
In recent years, supply chain management has taken attention to both business and academic areas. Notably, the selection of the best supplier is one of the most crucial problems in the supply chain. That is why studies on supplier selection problem increase day by day. The aim of this study to determine the best supplier selection for a construction firm. Multi-criteria decision-making methods are the best approach for solving problems, including many selection criteria. For this reason, it is proposed a two-stage multi criteria decision making model in this paper. In the first stage, Fuzzy AHP is used to find the weight of the criteria. At the second stage, the TOPSIS method is used to rank the cement supplier. The presented model is applied to a construction company from Somali. The results support the decision process of managers.
The copyright for the articles published in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences. By virtue of their appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, articles may be used, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The submission of a manuscript to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences will be taken to mean that the author understands and agrees to the following:
- the manuscript represents original work not previously published;
- the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication in the same language (publication elsewhere in an alternate language does not preclude acceptance of submission to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences);
- appropriate written copyright permissions have been secured for republication of any copyrighted material contained in the manuscript;
- copyright for this article is retained by the author, with first publication rights granted to Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences;
- by virtue of its appearance in Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences, it is understood that the article is freely available for use, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial purposes;
- reuse of the article for commercial purposes by anyone other than the author requires permission of the author;
- the author agrees to cite Journal of Technologies and Applied Sciences as a source whenever h/she later republishes or reuses the article in other platforms.